Stornoway, Outer Hebridies Climate & Temperature
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk is at 58°12'N, 6°19'W, 15 m (49 ft). See map.
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- The mean annual temperature is 8 degrees Celsius (46.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.6 °C (15.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7°C (44.5°F) on average falling to 1.8°C (35.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.9°C (49.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.8°C (38.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 15.2°C (59.4°F) and average low temperatures are 9.3°C (48.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11.5°C (52.6°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1173 mm (46.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1173 Litres/m² (28.77 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1234 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Stornoway, Outer Hebridies you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Uk - 363.9 kms (226.1 miles) NE
- Lerwick, Uk - 362.3 kms (225.2 miles) NE
- Orkney Islands, Uk - 214.4 kms (133.2 miles) ENE
- Kinloss, Uk - 174.5 kms (108.4 miles) ESE
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk - 270.2 kms (167.9 miles) ESE
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 189 kms (117.4 miles) SE
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 302.7 kms (188.1 miles) SE
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 285.6 kms (177.5 miles) SSE
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 374.2 kms (232.5 miles) SSE
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 394.8 kms (245.3 miles) S
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 396.3 kms (246.3 miles) S