Stornoway, Outer Hebridies Climate & Temperature
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk is at 58°12'N, 6°19'W, 15 m (49 ft). See map.
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- The average temperature is 8 degrees Celsius (46.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.6 °C (15.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7°C (44.5°F) on average falling to 1.8°C (35.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.9°C (49.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.8°C (38.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 15.2°C (59.4°F) and average low temperatures are 9.3°C (48.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11.5°C (52.6°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1173 mm (46.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1173 Litres/m² (28.77 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1234 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Stornoway, Outer Hebridies you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Stornoway, Outer Hebridies Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Stornoway, Outer Hebridies Climate Graph in Metric Units
Stornoway, Outer Hebridies Climograph in English Units
Climate of Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Uk - 363.9 kms (226.1 miles) NE
- Lerwick, Uk - 362.3 kms (225.2 miles) NE
- Orkney Islands, Uk - 214.4 kms (133.2 miles) ENE
- Kinloss, Uk - 174.5 kms (108.4 miles) ESE
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk - 270.2 kms (167.9 miles) ESE
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 189 kms (117.4 miles) SE
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 302.7 kms (188.1 miles) SE
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 285.6 kms (177.5 miles) SSE
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 374.2 kms (232.5 miles) SSE
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 394.8 kms (245.3 miles) S
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 396.3 kms (246.3 miles) S